The Essence of Life

The Essence of Life

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fall Is Around the Corner


Over the last couple weeks I had enough evidence about it, but did not pay the necessary attention.

First my friend Vito Benevelli told me that his grape harvest in Italy would be a full month early; then last Saturday I tasted ride wild Michigan blackberries, and they were delicious.

Finally, yesterday morning the coming of fall struck me. Early morning I saw the first flight of Canada geese of the season, going right over my house while I had breakfast. Shortly after, I went to Meijer's in Oshtemo and the final witness to an early fall was there. The outdoors department has brand new hunting clothes, archery equipment and ammunition. Maybe I should be paying as much attention to the changes of season as Meijer's is.

I am happy to say good bye to the dog days of summer and welcome to a new hunting season!

No comments:

Post a Comment