The Essence of Life

The Essence of Life

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A New Generation

Maria Eduarda & Sylas

My first grandson, Sylas Meirelles Mulder, was born yesterday at 5:29 PM US EDT at the Munson Medical Center in Traverse City, MI. At birth he weighted 2.932 Kg and measured 53 cm.

As his first gift he received a custom made friction folding knife that was commissioned by my father several years ago. The blade is hand forged from a diesel engine valve and the scales are from the antlers of a Michigan whitetail deer that my friend Bob Scott found dead by the roadside and gave to me.

Every man should have at least one good sharp knife as it is the one tool that will never become obsolete, and although Sylas will never have the pleasure of meeting his great grandfather Tuim, he already has a unique gift to treasure his memory, not to mention the hunter's genes.

Please, join me in welcoming the new hunter's generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment